The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

just got back from the LFS and i saw a fish i had never seen before, snapped a quick pick. Their movement and behavior reminded me of Dwarf Puffer fish, very curious and interactive to things around them. id love to put some in my 110 gallon, but as a responsible fish keeper, gotta do the research first. I googled what they had them labeld as, but my search results looked different then them.

Anyone have an idea what they are? they are very tiny, less than a half inch.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
That may be a female, as opposed to being a stressed one. Females are dull colored.
They can be a bit picky, eating only frozen food, and they need really really tiny food. Not too hard to keep, though, judging by my research. They'd get lost in a 110 gallon, as they're only around an inch long at full size.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yep definitely a badis, I have one also, theres a few pics of em in my tank journal. Also yes they are very similar to DPs and they are active hunters just like them. They are my second favorite fish being DPs are my first. That is a male badi btw, females dont typically have any bands/red on them

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
pretty sure most badis and dario species almost require live food. You might be able to pellet train them or something, but I feel like you'd want to be able to feed blackworms or something until such time.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Ive only got mine to eat live blackworms. It will also eat frozen bloodworms every now and then. If you have a tank with lots of copepods though you dont really have to feed em as they will hunt down the copepods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts