The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I run my C02 only when my lights are on and run my air bubbles at night.
I just changed my water and did the tests.
My Tap water has a PH of 8 but after changing about 80% of my tank water and without any C02 running, my tank water measured 7.2 with a KH of 5.5 that equates to about 10 ppm of C02.

Now should I stop my air bubbles earlier and start my C02 earlier before my lights come on so that my C02 would be higher during the light hours?

I suppose the lights would remain on longer after the C02 switches off and air bubbles come on. If this is so, then approx how much longer?

As the day goes on, my C02 goes up. So what is the best time of day to get the correct reading or what time of day would be the time to reach my target PH/CO2?

Thanks Joe

·
Registered
140 Posts
your co2 will fluctuate over 24 hrs. the best times to test it are just before the lights come on and just before they go out.

do this a few times and see what happens before you change anything.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Time of day

I use a visual indicator (drop checker)

Each time I pass close to my thank I can see the CO2 level and I can even follow the changes trough the day in the weekend.
I love that thing.

4dgh water with 3 drops low range ph indicator...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.