The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from work and after a shower to wash away my day I usually check the tank and I found my tiger snail riding around on my floating thermometer. The weight was just enough to keep him a couple of inches from the surface then he got caught on a plant.:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Haha snails are too funny. Mine always ends up in the most random areas. Some have great personalities aside from the fact they are slow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There was a period where I did not clean the lily pipe outflow from my filter for a very long time and it was completely covered with algae on the inside. One day two of my nerites somehow found themselves in there at the same time and cleaned the entire thing up in a few hours, by the end it looked brand new =D.

·
Registered
744 Posts
That's great! They must be smarter than we think! I watched the Ramshorn snails "playing" in my QT for near 45 minutes the other day. It will be hard to believe, but I witnessed them taking turns "riding the waves"! They were in a group near the HOB waterfall and one at a time, would move into the flow and ride a complete circle twice around the tank than get back in the group and the next snail would cruise. Crazy hu?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Clearly, I need more snails. They are apparently adorable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts