The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have seen some all bard tanks that just were unbelievable. Lots of color and they never stop moving about. You are so right about have a large group the more the merry. I think that's were they get the bad name is just keeping 3 or 4 and then picking on other fish.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've seen in person a riverine 40 long that had about 25 Cherry Barbs, decorated with a large, long piece of driftwood and most of it coated in Java Moss. Water flow end to end was done by one really big pond size powerhead, with no filter media to speak of other than the Moss and the gravel.

Loveliest tank I've ever seen, it rivaled some of the early Amano tank images. The fish were really, really happy and in their best colors.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is difficult to do a head count but I have about 30 in this tank. I also have 15 black ruby barbs in there that I will try to get a good picture of. These fish are fed NLS Grow exclusively for their first year and getting amazing growth and color. Every fishkeeper owes themselves a barb tank. It is a steadfast pleaser when other projects just aren't going well.

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Going to say we have had them about 1 year, maybe 1 year 2 months. And thank you!
Your original pic on this thread looks great. Am suprised how orange the fins look in person.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have 9 in a 75 with Tetras and Platys , Cories and Clown Loaches . The Tigers never bother anyone . When a newcomer is added they all go check him out but then go about their business . I have had as few as 5 in the past and they were holy terrors to other fish . I think the key is at least 9 . The more the merrier .

Reactions: Nordic
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.