The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like im getting some tigers and bumblebees but im already paranoid about losing them as my main shrimp tank doesnt have the ideal water params for them.So I was thinking about setting up a 5gal tank for them with florabase as the substrate to keep the ph in the right range and lots of java moss for them to hide in.However im not able to use a filter, would I get away with it if I dont overfeed and do small waterchanges every other day?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Won't Tigers and Bumblebees crossbreed? They are both Cardinia sp.
Yes they have the possibility to cross.

T I think you will be fine as long as you do some small water changes every few days. What about a air filter or something like that would that be possible? I would also suggest not keeping Diamonds(Bees) with Tigers, since they may Crossbreed.

-Andrew

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks im not all that bothered if they cross.

I might be able to add a small sponge filter but if not i'll just do small waterchanges.This probably wont be long term.I'm getting a 40gal tank ready that I will be breeding some things that like it a little on the alkaline side like apple snails and I will probably move my cherrys in and move the tigers and bees into the 8gal as its naturally soft acidic anyway due to the florabase(im just buffering it a little to keep the cherrys happy).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks im not all that bothered if they cross.

I might be able to add a small sponge filter but if not i'll just do small waterchanges.This probably wont be long term.I'm getting a 40gal tank ready that I will be breeding some things that like it a little on the alkaline side like apple snails and I will probably move my cherrys in and move the tigers and bees into the 8gal as its naturally soft acidic anyway due to the florabase(im just buffering it a little to keep the cherrys happy).
You don't want them to cross bro, they will turn out very ugly and will not look anything like the types they were bred from, trust me.

I would highly recommend you separate any that are of the same species....

-Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts