The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, seriously! I've had two Harlequin Rasbora just disappear. Like alien abduction disappear. Can't find them anywhere, not dead in tank, not dead on the floor. We only have a 10 gallon planted tank. Maybe it's too large of a filter for the size tank but seems like it won't matter since the suction could be great enough to pull a fish in, regardless?

This is so puzzling!!!

Ordering a canister filter ASAP!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have a tidal 35 too on a 10ish planted tank with neon green tetras, guppies, pygmy cories, neocaridina and amano shrimps, & snails and it's been great. I do see neocaridina shrimps in the container when I clean it but no other issues.

That said I'll be switching to an eheim 2213 because of the water level in the tank. I want a higher water level and with the tidal the level of water is way lower than I want. I guess all HOBs will have that issue.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for quick replies. Is this really a thing? Ordered a canister filter. Have a film on the water so was moving to a skimmer glass outflow anyway. This just pushed it into overdrive.

Water change day is tomorrow so will clean everything but protein film is new so maybe evidence of the death. When the last Rasbora disappeared there was nothing that to me looked like fish remains in the sponge.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harlequin Rasbora are small but they aren't that small. These are neocaridina shrimp. I prescribe to the "should work out of the box." This is sort of like buying a car and need to buy tires to drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.