110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tibee Shrimp =
Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp x Taiwan Bee Mischillings Crystal Red/Black Shrimp

Recessive gene traits:

• From OEBT: Orange eye, blue color;
  • From Taiwan Bee Mischilling: Red Color, White Color, King Kong Gene.​
The 1st generation, all the recessive gene won't appear, here we got:​

The F1 tiger bee shrimp are clear, with black stripe, no recessive gene traits. AND those guys can grow huge :]. Check out the photos

The Amano shrimps around the tiger bee shrimps are size around 1.5'' - 1.75''. And that's a female tiger bee shrimps. Will it cross breed with Amano shrimps???​

There are two challenge here about F1s.
1. They can grow to a very good size, so it takes time, takes to mature, and breed;
2. Berried Tiger shrimps are easily fanning and dropping eggs.​

Anyway, after a longer time than I expected, we are now on F2s.
There are A Lot A Lot of trait combination showing among F2s. Some tibees are with orange eye, blue color. And I have red tibee from F2 as well. White color starts to fill up the clear part. Black Tibee, Red Tibee, White Tibee, Unknowns, and I do get a few pintos from my F2.
(Pintos are too small to shown nice in my camera, will post some picture after they grow bigger. Looking forward seeing how they look after growing up :))))

Black Tibee Shrimp

Red Tibee Shrimp

White Tibee Shrimp​

New updated information, check out:
How to crossbreed tibee shrimp

Red Pinto Shrimp:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had some F6/F7 mischlings and I found them a pain to breed the females with pure TB's.

Are Tibee's the same ? Once they're born, put them into a new tank so they don't interbreed ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had some F6/F7 mischlings and I found them a pain to breed the females with pure TB's.

Are Tibee's the same ? Once they're born, put them into a new tank so they don't interbreed ?
F1 tibees, it's better to keep them by themselves. Since we want a new hybrid that's going to combined the characteristic from both OEBT and Crystals. Pintos are king kong genes with tiger mark, and there are beautiful blue colors that Taiwan bees don't have.

I am now on F2 and F3. F1 female tibees takes a long time for them to get pregnant. And they keep kicking off eggs.

And I did try putting F1 together with Taiwan bees. Well, since the tibee females are so big, much bigger than my black king kong males. It's funny, but I saw it's very difficult for my king kong to fertilize the female. Sometimes the tibee female is pretty cooperated and being patient, and my king kond can make it. Sigh....

Now, I just keep my tibees together. I got a few blue/black pinto (not sure about the color since they are too young to tell) from F1 self-breeding.

And I spotted at least 1 red pinto from my F2 Tibee self-breeding tank. There are other red babies, but I am not sure if they are pinto or not. What's interesting is that in this tank, it's all black tibees. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome thread. So you got pintos from F1 x F1?! I thought It was a much longer process from what I have read.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am surprise as well. I did use taiwan bee mischilling to crossbreeding when I started. Not very high chance, but still possible.

This is F2 pintos. It's blue color, or royal blue, with spider legs. I shall upadte pictures, when it grows bigger.

F3 Red Pinto

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love them the pinto has great color. The tibees remind me of candy canes! Lol I guess I'm just in love with blue shrimp

1 - 20 of 31 Posts