The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been dosing using a Hygger 4-pump peristaltic doser. I believe this to be the same build as the Jaebo DP-4. Pressurized CO2, 75 degrees, two 129 LED YESCOM lights that I believe are the same build as the Koval LED lights.

My question or problem is this: I dose 50% Thrive S and 50% Thrive+. I happen to believe Thrive+ is probably shrimp safe and Thrive S simply doesn't provide high enough levels of nutrients for the CO2 and Light levels in my tank, hence the split. The Thrive S never seems to crystallize, but the Thrive+ does heavily. Enough so that it is now packed solid at the end of my line, and pressure has built up whereby the one pump head now leaks (resulting in zero ferts going in from pump 2).

Has anyone experienced this? Any guidance?

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi All,

I've been dosing using a Hygger 4-pump peristaltic doser. I believe this to be the same build as the Jaebo DP-4. Pressurized CO2, 75 degrees, two 129 LED YESCOM lights that I believe are the same build as the Koval LED lights.

My question or problem is this: I dose 50% Thrive S and 50% Thrive+. I happen to believe Thrive+ is probably shrimp safe and Thrive S simply doesn't provide high enough levels of nutrients for the CO2 and Light levels in my tank, hence the split. The Thrive S never seems to crystallize, but the Thrive+ does heavily. Enough so that it is now packed solid at the end of my line, and pressure has built up whereby the one pump head now leaks (resulting in zero ferts going in from pump 2).

Has anyone experienced this? Any guidance?

For some reason Thrive + lists for tanks w/ pH <7.

W/ CO2 you prob. should be there but...what is your pH?

Maybe a matter of one of the ingredients crystallizing at high pH.
Just spit balling here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PH 7.6 to 7.8 out of the tap, with a 1 to 1.2 PH drop by lights-on. Drop checker more on the yellow side than lime-green, but nobody gasping (using the drop checker only as a quick sanity check. I've tested that PH drop approximately monthly since starting the tank).

Odd thing is, even without the doser, the Thrive+ crystallizes on the pump top, while the Thrive S does not. That Thrive+ is crusty. Copper-green like the statue of liberty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.