The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tanks A'lot
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen these in the local petco (ugh) for $10 each. They look pretty cool but the livestock from this place is notoriously bad so i hesitate to spend 10 each.
Whats the word on these guys? Anyone keep them? I have neon tetras, SAE's, ottos, a few guppies and lots of amanos and cherry shrimp. Would the threadfins cause havoc? i know nothing about them except they look cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats a little expensive for Threadfins. They are extremely peaceful fish, I've never seen or heard of them bothering anything. They have very tiny mouths, so apart from maybe the smallest of the baby shrimp you won't suffer losses.

My threadfins live in with some much larger rainbows and SAE but aren't bullied or intimidated so you should be alright from that angle too.

The only problem is, in order for your males to flare their fins at each other you need a female or two in there. It won't be easy to drop $10 on those.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is expensive. Also, in my experience with them, I haven't had good luck. If you want them I would suggest Invertz Factory. They have them at 4.50 and they charge 15.00 for shipping. Both are very good prices and the quality of their livestock is top notch! I wouldn't get less than 6 of them and make sure you get 2 females with the group.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts