The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i believe my tank is developing some thread algae, it is clear and stringy and it also grows in 'tuff's around some of the rubber bands in the tank that i use to anchor my java ferns.

this is a 2.5G with a betta. how would u guys suggest me remedy it? add shrimps? if so, what kind (yamato, red cherry?) and how many? i dun wanna add so much that they run out of food (aka algae). i know betta and shrimp are just hit or miss since every betta acts differently with shrimp.

what do u guys think? thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Algae problem

I had a problem but no more. I doubled my excel dosage for three days, turned the lights off for three days and bought a couple of small "siamese algae eaters". No more hair algae.

Try it. It worked for me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Excel, or a blackout should do the trick. Excel can harm some plants as it cuased my b. auberti to melt, but there are very few species that it is bad for. Amano shrimp eat the stuff but they may become lunch for the betta.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.