The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my 3 foot square (1 foot tall) tank to go for the smaller footprint in my room. So 24*24*24 or 24*24*18 is the debate. Truely I think 24" tall is a bit tall, 18" is a bit short, would like 21 but thats not made as a standard tank. What are your thoughts?

David

·
Registered
84 Posts
My thoughts are I want your tank you have now! :)

Actually, I would go with the 18" Unless you are 1...going with t8 or t12 and low light plants or 2...going with t5,LED or MH and high light plants.

So, IOW, it all depends on which plants you are keeping and if you will have adequate light for them.

Other than that, it's asthetics.

dantimdad

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My current tank may be for sale (Rimless too) :)

However while watching the Husker game I kind of had a thought about it. I'm just frustrated with my tank because my drawf sag can overgrowth the height of the tank so easy, and it's hard to use the footprint. I'm debating ditching the plants for the most tpart, do low light stuff and just have a simple tank. Lots of Loaches, corys, small angels, and my tetra school.

Then simply work with super low tech plants, pool sand and lots of caves.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If you have an 18 inch deep tank and decide you want 21 inches of water, you are out of luck. If you have a 24 inch tank and decide you want the water to be less deep, just add more substrate. 24 inches wins in my book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts