The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thorichthys ellioti - Plant-compitable Central American Cichlid!

I'm looking for a new home for a little group of five mature Thorichthys ellioti. This species is unusual among the Central American eartheater cichlids in being of pretty mellow disposition and without the destructive behaviors of similar species. It does not pursue or harass other fish very much or tear up plants like many other cihclids, so it works real well in planted tanks.

I would prefer pickup or delivery in the Madison, Wisconsin area, but I will also consider shipping with shipping charge reimbursement.

The picture below shows one of these fish while still young with a Limia livebearer. The T. ellioti are currently 2"-3" long. They spawn every couple of weeks, but the catfish sharing the same tank always eat the eggs.

Just let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
oh
my
GOD

my 75 gallon tank......omg I've been wanting these for a long time now......I'm literally about to freak out over this XD.

I might want a pic of them next to a ruler or something for size reference (my bichir being the reason, if they are the same size as my pearl gourami then they should be fine) but I am VERY interested.

Heck, I'd even be down with splitting this with someone if I could at least keep a single pair.

VERY SWEET RAOK. LIKE WOW I'M AMAZED AND EXCITED
(and yes, a raok this epic needs all caps)

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks again for your interest folks. I was able to find a new home for these fish.

The recipient was somebody local who is going to try to breed them. If there is anybody who really wants this fish there might be juveniles available in a few months and I can put you in touch with the guy who has these breeding fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts