The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and i went on vacation to brazil for the last two weeks....leaving my two fishtanks and our 3 yr old cat Toby home alone....weve done this before with no problems....My gf's mother, father,or sister come and visit for a few hours every day , mostly to keep the cat company
We came back to the U.S on saturday and were driving home from the airport ....We usually call our parents immediately to assure them that we have arrived ok (you know how parents worry)
So she calls her dad and they talk for a little bit, and he finally says "I have some bad news for you"
So...i figure all my fish are dead..i changed out my co2 tank before i left ...so i figure that i set the bubble rate too high or something dumb
He says that Toby died
I am still in shock....he was only three years old...
Before we came home i was talking about how i was so looking forward to seeing him...
My little buddy...gone....

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Aw man... not much fun to come home from a vacation to.

My condolences - I love my cats.

Any idea what happened?

Scott
Sanford, Maine

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm sorry. Did he have any indications of being sick before you left? Did he perhaps get into something toxic?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
im sorry for what happen, is that the dead body on the box???

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm so sorry. It's hard losing our lil ones, especially when they are so young. :(

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, everyone...
He was at the vet for a check up 2 months ago and except for being a little overweight and having a slight heart murmur ,he checked out fine...
I looked all around the apt to see if he could have eaten something toxic but i couldnt find anything
He did do something weird though...a couple of days before he died he pooped on the rug..he never did that...and his poopbox was clean
He was found under the table and it looked like he vomited a clear substance and he had a little blood on his mouth...
My theory is...he liked to chew on the window blinds...and he ingested too much and tried to throw up and choked on it...
I feel so bad...maybe if we left for only a week this wouldnt have happened
Old habits die hard too.....I still open the door slowly to make sure he doesnt get out, and look for his head in the window when i come home....
thanks again everyone

btw, xcooperx...he was alive when we took those pics (when i was posting them i figured someone might think what you thought though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts