The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of people saying DO NOT CROSS CRS/CBS with Tigers because they'll interbreed blah blah blah. So whats so bad about that? Sure F1's and F2's might not look that nice, but as I always say... Never underestimate the potential of the unknown. In nothingness there is everything, Infinite Possibility.

My best male red tibee sofar.

My best female black tibee thusfar

MY best female red tibee

The colony!

MORE PHOTOS HERE

better album

shrimps - Album on Imgur

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I am sure you know quite a lot of shrimp breeders create Tibees, Taitibees, and Mischlings. People are just mentioning that the Caridinas will interbreed, I don't take it as them saying not to keep them together, just giving a heads up that they will cross. Some people like to have pure table strains of a selected variation and don't want a melting pot of random genes. Then again, some like having a tons of different colors/patterns and the possibility of throwing out top dollar shrimp and new possible variations. Each has their place. Both "pure strains" and hybrids are nice in their own right.

Nice shrimp by the way :)
Do you just keep them all together in the same tank and them breed as-is, or do you separate and selective breed certain patterns?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After people realized they can create nice tibees then they approved. Beforehand 4 years ago when I started shrimping it was considered a taboo. Some people still believe that.

It all depends on what your goal is

Either a mixture of red and white. Or more white over red. I keep them all together but separate them later

I am sure you know quite a lot of shrimp breeders create Tibees, Taitibees, and Mischlings. People are just mentioning that the Caridinas will interbreed, I don't take it as them saying not to keep them together, just giving a heads up that they will cross. Some people like to have pure table strains of a selected variation and don't want a melting pot of random genes. Then again, some like having a tons of different colors/patterns and the possibility of throwing out top dollar shrimp and new possible variations. Each has their place. Both "pure strains" and hybrids are nice in their own right.

Nice shrimp by the way :)
Do you just keep them all together in the same tank and them breed as-is, or do you separate and selective breed certain patterns?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.