The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my high-tech 120. As you can see it is a bit out of control. One of the issue I run into is that it is really difficult to trim sword plants; a second issue is that because it is 24 inches high it is difficult to replant stuff (hard to reach the substrate - esp in the back since i can't get a stool behind the tank); Two obvious issues I run into is the jungle val runs wild even with monthly trims (i trim them down to 2 feet which is basically the height of the tank); the swords are closing in on 24 inches height; even the nana anubia which is 3 years old has gotten quite large (over 8 inches long). That b. anubia was tiny when i planted it (the one in the front left).
-
Can you spot some very easy ways to clean things up without a total rescape ?
Plant Green Rectangle Organism Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That stem plant was just a test plant - but i'll pull it soon - it is mexican oak. The right front 'black' spot is a wall of java fern - i should probably thin it and do as you suggest and plant some crypt wendtii bronze. I wish the camera hdr did a better job to show the right front - the left front is bare. The angels won't let me plant anything there.
-
The reason I don't want to rip up the swords and jungle val is in 14 months I will move and at that time I will do a complete re-scape. The jungle val i can train a little since it is cut-able and can be thinned. I have no clue what to do with the sword plants since they grow large and you can't exactly cut leaves in half.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.