The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
i worked as a telemarketer for 1 month when I was forced to find work when my previous employer did not pay me.

4 in every 5 calls will be a no. 3 in every 5 will be a hang up. 2 in every 5 will be a person yelling and screaming and cussing the crap out of you. 1 in every 10 will be a nice person.

It was the worst job I had ever had and would never recommend working as a telemarketer to anyone.

I had some lady completely go off on me, not to the extent of that lady but very shocking. Also had some veeery strange ppl answer and talk random babble.

I am surprised that telemarketer kept her on the phone that long, even though most company rules are to never hang up o the customer, there are circumstances, which would be like her. There is no point to keep talking with a woman that seriously out of control. She obviously has mental issues.

btw: I would have laughed if someone told me the police were listening. Like any police officer would care about a telemarketer.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
It's part of the Patriot act. The police have the right to listen to all telemarketing calls. LOL

I wish I had her number so I can call her.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wow. I somehow get the sense that she doesn't like telemarketers.

I usually just answer the phone and tell them " no thanks" after about a second or two into their script and hang up. If it's a persistent telemarketer that's been calling too much, I just set the phone down and walk away, letting them go through their entire script before eventually realizing nobody is listening.

I do mess around with one here and there. I had a person call about some sort of "special" lightbulb that would replace all the light bulbs in the house. It didn't have to be changed but once every 15 years or something like that. I told him I lived in an apt. complex and didn't have to change the bulbs. He said that maybe the landlord of the buildings would reduce my rent for changing the bulbs into something more efficient, so it would save him money. I told him that the apt. people didn't pay the bills, I did. He said it'll save me money then. " I have too much money already.", I said. " Well, then.. buying some lights shouldn't be a problem.", he replied.

We went around like that for awhile until he finally said he was in a wheelchair and telemarketing was the only job he could get, and that it'd really help him out and make him look good to the boss if he could make this sale.

I told him that I was in a wheelchair too, and therefore couldn't reach the lightbulbs to change them and hung up, lol.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Now I don't particularly like telemarketers, but I really feel bad for the guy. I don't know how this guy stays on the phone and stays calm. I actually think I will be polite to telemarketers after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts