The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for verification that this is infact BGA so I can treat it. It latches on to my blyxa, crypts and gracilis, but stays away from my java and pogostemon.

It's really starting to thwart growth, and I would like to nip it in the butt, but I just need to confirm that this is the algae I'm going to be fighting!

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My potassium levels were through the roof, and the timer for my co2 somehow went haywire and left it on for three days, and poof. Everything is covered in hair algae.

Changed my dosing regime to compensate! Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
My potassium levels were through the roof, and the timer for my co2 somehow went haywire and left it on for three days, and poof. Everything is covered in hair algae.

Changed my dosing regime to compensate! Thanks for your help!
Not sure what you are using to measure potassium, nor what you define as "through the roof."

In general, potassium levels can be quite high without any apparent harm to livestock.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It actually could be cyanobacteria, just not the type people are used to seeing. Some "algaes" can only be distinguished from one another by looking at their cell structures through a microscope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.