The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a used one cut in half. So is red and slightly crystalised inside.

How much of an issue will this be. Will I have to line it?

Currently dabbling with the idea, two tanks in the house which were both unapproved by the minister for war and finance. So what the heck a pond too :hihi:.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Line it for sure. I tried this once without a liner and it started to smell like fermenting liquor within a couple of weeks. Certainly not a good thing for plants or fish.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes went and read waterfallers posts. I had read when I joined but enjoyed my reread :D.

Not sure if we can get liners here but one thing in my favour is that the place selling them has them outside and we had a lot of rain recently so they have been soaking - so will check for scum & smelling ick. Was good to see they were watertight (stupid really, they held wine so DUH). Scariest part is that they are $99 for half a drum...

So the $7 tub in the other post looks good - but over $20 here. The barrel is a lot bigger though. We have to set things high here due to toads (not the nice ones). But would love to have somewhere for the green tree frogs that use the dogs water bowl as a pool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts