The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I haven't posted on this site in quite a while. I had been running a 10-gallon planted betta tank for several years, and after the last betta died I upgraded to a 20–long. Right now the new tank is running well, the plants are growing, and I have a school of 12 neon tetras swimming around.

I am thinking about possible additions to the tank, and I am considering peacock gudgeons. I have not kept these fish before, but they seem interesting. I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone had any problems keeping them with neons?
2. My substrate is Eco–Complete. Will this present any problems? (I have heard that some bottom-dwellers don't do well with it, although I'm not sure to what extent peacock gudgeons hang around the bottom of the tank.)
3. How many should I buy, and should I aim for any particular distribution of males and females?
4. Is there anything else I should know about this species?
5. If you don't think peacock gudgeons are a good idea, what kind of fish could I consider instead?

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I kept a trio (2 female, 1 male) it various tetras (rummy nose, glowlight) with no issues. The recommendation is multiple females to each male. Fortunately, they're relatively easy to sex. I've even successfully bred them with just the trio. They kept my RCS population in check and colored up beautifully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts