The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this setup http://www.aquabuys.com/page/aqb/PROD/co2_kit_basic
and thought I could afford to go pressurized if it would work.

I can't afford to spend much more than this.

Does anyone have any input on it?

If it's not worth buying, then I won't. I will just hold off on pressurized until I can afford to buy something more expensive.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Don't forget you would need to get a co2 cylinder as well.

I would hold off a little bit more and get a better set up too. That setup is known to have lots of problems. If your are patient, you can get something a lot better for not much more.

What size is your tank? That diffuser might not be sufficient if your tank is too big.

·
Are these real?
15,706 Posts
Do you already own a tank? Otherwise you'll need to add that to your list of expenses.

Personally I have good experiences with this regulator, others don't and will tell you to buy something more expensive that will outlast your grandchildren.

Not sure if you want to use the ceramic disc diffuser, if not you might be better off with a better deal for just that regulator. The checkvalve is crummy, and I have my doubts about "Silicone CO2 tubing". If you want to use the diffuser, it's an okay deal.

Edit - I type way too slow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep, that was my next thing was to figure out exactly how to diffuse it. I really don't want the diffuser showing if i can help it.

I am going to drill the tank when I redo it so the canister will not have hoses showing in the tank. I have already drilled a 46 bow for someone so I know it's safe.

I might drill for a closed loop to get some circulation going too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts