The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I currently have a nano tank but I'm itching to get something larger!!

I've seen the Interpet River/Reef and quite like the idea of the integral filtration and lighting etc. Does anyone have any experience of this aquarium?

Or can anyone recommend an aquarium up to 90(ish) litres?

Thanks.

Gaz

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Here's the only advice I can give:

Those all in one systems never have as much water flow as I would like, and I have less control over the equipment.

I've never tried any of the high $$ types, so I'm sure there's some top notch suff out there I'm just not familiar with. I'm just too prone to switching up my gear and trying new configurations to stick to something built into the tank.

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
My advice is to buy the tank (with a stand combo, if you need one and it's a good deal - otherwise you can make your own), and then buy the gear one piece at a time. My experience is that the heater, filter, and lighting are all often underpowered, and there's often no way to upgrade anything (except the heater) without ditching the hood altogether. They are generally designed with live fish, not live plants, in mind.

Having said that, I have a 25g tank with an Eclipse 2 hood (which fits any 12x24" rim). It came with 2 15w T8 bulbs, and the filter seems adequate (not as powerful as what I'd like, but enough). The included bio-wheel is ...interesting. The jury's still out on that one. Also, the lights in that hood are at the very front of the tank, which means that plants in the back receive less light and are easily shaded by anything in front of them. I have a bunch of low-light plants and mosses that seem to be doing allright, but I'm not able to grow anything that requires stronger light. That setup, however, is not nearly as fulfilling as my 30g setup which I've made many changes to (and sunk a lot more money in), and is a lot more fun to play with. Everything on and in that tank came separately, and it looks nothing like it did when i got it, in or out.

I really do strongly recommend buying everything piecemeal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts