The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing a shirmp tank in my 10 gallon. I am only used to having a few adult shrimp in my tanks. I never used sponges over the filter, and had fish so they never had babies live, I can't say they even reproduced. I couldn't see them in my 29 or my old 10 gallon that much.

I would like to breed but not to the point I don't know where to put shrimp. I plan to start with 4-5 adults. If and when they breed, I plan to put the adults in my 29 gallon. As the "kids" grow up, I can do the same. I just don't want too many to deal with. I see some of you with 50-200 shrimp and the process is done over and over.

Basically, what can I do with them. I could give them to my LFS but they will surely only want adults. I don't have any friends locally anymore to give them to.

Short version, what do you do when you have too many shrimp?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I remember seeing a post here (or apc forum) that cherry shrimp is... not gonna say the rest, but it involved the kitchen.

Or you can always raok it here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can always feed them to other fish tanks..if your heart can bear it. I'd say give them away or sell them on here though. People with nice shrimp have tons of posts from people wanting to pick them up in the Swap and Shop section.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just started a 15g shrimp tank, I expect I'll end up with several hundred before long, and I don't want that many. I'm just going to ebay/raok/sell/trade them here and other forums. Most will be raok, but hopefully I can get someone else with nice deep reds who will trade with me every now and again for genetic diversity.

·
Registered
166 Posts
- roak online
- give away to friends or local people
- give away/sell to lfs
- sell online
- cook and have a good meal? :)

Bottomline, if you really want to get rid of the extras, you can post on CL or SnS for shipping only to give away, I am sure lots of people will be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
486 Posts
No, they won't taste good. They are way too small for even cooking and de-veining them would be impossible. Maybe, you boil for 30 seconds, shock in an ice bath, and season with citrus and chile for a cocktail!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.