The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of creating a cool 90g shrimp tank with as many compatable shrimp as possible... this will have a sump which I am going to create another shrimp tank ( they are still going to be hooked up to each other )

any ideas?

·
Banned
220 Posts
i never understand why someone buys a 90g just for shrimp, if it were me i would put a nice big 10" ugly fish in it or a big o'l gold fish but if your doing shrimp i personally like the tropical looking tanks with sunkist shrimp and giant african filter shrimp also put some cherries or amanos just for algae control and reliability

·
Wanabe BKK Herder
2,159 Posts
I'm a "less is more" person. A mix of shrimp species simply ends up looking messy (I don’t even like CBS/CRS mixed tanks). Design a beautiful tank and concentrate on one species of shrimp (something that will have an impactful appearance in the tank en mass).

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never understand why someone buys a 90g just for shrimp, if it were me i would put a nice big 10" ugly fish in it or a big o'l gold fish but if your doing shrimp i personally like the tropical looking tanks with sunkist shrimp and giant african filter shrimp also put some cherries or amanos just for algae control and reliability
I didnt buy a 90 just for shrimp. its a reef that im bored of and need a change. its not only going to be shrimp. there will be plants, driftwood and maybe only shrimp

·
Registered
250 Posts
go for it, i only have some ottos and cpds in my 55 the rest is for my shrimp
are you gunna breed them or just keep them?

i would go for plue pearls
thyere hardy, and beautiful

·
Registered
920 Posts
putting an "ugly fish or a big ol' goldfish" in that 90g would be a waste:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.