The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to start putting Fish & Inverts into quarantine tanks, that will eventually go into my 40B planted tank. I'm going for a Asian biotype, Crypts, E.Belem, Trident java fern, Taiwaan moss.

I'm wondering about ****** loaches & Malaysian Trumpet Snails

How might their digging affect the dirt under the sand cap? I believe I understand that MTS burrow slowly into the substate. However, I've kep as many a 8 ******* in a non-planted 70gl...and they are quiet the PANIC
when they dig in.

:hihi:

Thanks

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I had MTS in my MTS tank (haha) without any issues. I doubt Khulis would cause any serious issues as long as the substrate is established/settled enough before you add them (ie- give the plants time to put down roots first).

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had MTS in my MTS tank (haha) without any issues. I doubt Khulis would cause any serious issues as long as the substrate is established/settled enough before you add them (ie- give the plants time to put down roots first).
also with NPT allow the tank to settle in good before adding the bottom group.

I have a Loam and Paver sand layered subsrate. It have been up and running for two year or so. I have both Pangio kuhli Meyersi (Gian Kuhli, Banded Kuhli) and Melanoides tuberculata aka Malaysian Trumpet Snail (MTS) I waited about three months before I put the Snails in and about 2 months before the fish.

It is a heavily planted tank and I use a modified EI dosing plan thouogh admittly I am not that regimented lately, but it works.

Best wishes,
Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.