The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have a 15g 2x1x1 ft low tech tank. Diy CO2. 40w 6500k light.
Montecarlo and riccia fluitans.
Can u help me solve this problem?
C the image attached. Its an airstone I use for Co2 diffusion.
There's this thick white slimy formation. Is it an algae or fungus? Recently my tank was overfed.

How do I solve this problem? I ll b cleaning out d visible slime when I clean my tank today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,991 Posts
If you are using that airstone for CO2 diffusion (from yeast DIY CO2), then it is likely the fungus that is commonly seen when doing so.

It is harmless, and you can easily give it a quick scrub and rinse and it will be fine.

Alternatively, adding a gas separator between your aquarium and the bottle containing the yeast mixture may eliminate the problem (or at least increase the interval that you must clean it).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darkblade,
Thank you.. I did scrub it off.. Surprisingly its moved from airstone to my fish food..
I observed the tank to see if it has appeared again, few of the fish pellets from yesterday r still in the water.. C how d fungus has coated them..

Does diy co2 induce any fungus into the tank?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,991 Posts
You should not be feeding so much that there is leftover food in your aquarium.

Ideally, if there is extra food after 1-2 hours, you should vacuum it out (or feed less).

Even without DIY CO2, leftover food will start growing mold as you have pictured.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts