The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smashed a Tubifex cube against the glass last night and it was a feeding frenzy!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Those are very nice barbs, and they are definitely enjoying their meal. I had to look at them closely; with that bright orange I thought they were goldfish at first!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Haha, I feed my Bolivian Rams black worms and tubifex, but the guppies will snatch up a piece and swim around like maniacs, kind of playing a game of capture the flag, instead of grabbing some for themselves... lol

Your fish are so vibrant and beautiful! I love them! :D What kinds are the other fish besides the rosy barbs and the gold barbs? I'm a n00b at identifying fresh water fish, salt water I'm good, fresh... not so much lol.

I'm gonna guess at the longer thin bodied fish as a SAE?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!
The fish pictured are:

Siamese Algae Eater - long thin bodied fish with dark stripe.
Odessa Barbs - red body with green dorsdal fin.
Gold Barb - gold almost yellow body
Red Glass Barb - orange body
Gold Glass Barb - golden orange body. It is the one in the second photo, all the way on the right.

Glass Barbs are a color morph of Rosy Barbs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Odessa barbs, those were the ones I was wondering about, I've never seen them before! They are pretty neat. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have Odessa barbs, they are great little fish. I don't know if they get 2 inch or 4 inch max... School tightly and chase each other a lot! Only the males are red, but it seems over half are males.

Nice fishes

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have neons, they are supposed to school... but they don't :(

lmfao, seds, the quote in your signature is great :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts