The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone gave me a small fishtank ,5 gallons cube.It came with the lamp in the pic.
The brand is HaiYang K260 C.....made in china ,of course.
All I could find out about the lamp ,is the name of the model - lm-26 - the diodes give a white-blueish light ,not too intense.
I found the model on some site ,apparently the price is 25 bucks(don't know if that spells quality).I opened it ,there was nothing written inside.The site says it consumes 3w
http://www.lamsaquariumonline.com.au/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LM-26-LED

I want to ask if this lamp could grow moss and Java Fern - it's all I want to have in the tank ,nothing else.Would like to make it a low maintenance tank.I know little about leds and I have no PAR meter.

Here are some pics ,maybe someone can help:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,131 Posts
I'll give you a solid ... maybe.. Growing may be a bit of a misnomer.. will they live.. maybe..

$25 rarely spells quality..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ,I got it for free ,and don't want to invest any money in it ,and the minimum of time also.Gonna give it a try.If the plants shoud start to die ,I can always put them in my other tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.