The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and that is to tell the internet.

I can't stand it anymore, I have to tell SOMEBODY.

I really don't like carpet plants.

THERE. I said it. I don't like 'em. Bare substrate, people. IT LOOKS NICE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

This is where you comfort me by posting pictures of your un-carpeted tanks. :)

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
i actually LOVE carpet plants.....

THEY cant stand ME!:confused1:

so its THEY that need to come out of MY closet

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I have a hard time making them look like a carpet. Looks more like my lawn since we had water rationing several years ago: Weeds in clumps here and there. Then the fish dig it out (Loaches, cats...).

I also like the look of mixed rock and pebbles. Last pic in post #6. The other tank in #6 is good, too. Nice, full growth without being too busy.
The wood is really impressive in several pics, especially post #2.
The tank in post #4 is a bit more formal than I like, but is very well done. The moss trees will look really great when they are grown out a bit.
There are several really nice pictures posted!

Is that an albino axolotl?
The reddish emersed plant might be one of the Syngoniums, sold as a house plant. Might not be, too. If you get a Syngonium for your tank beware: They can grow REALLY BIG. Mine is hanging down to the floor, and the top of the tank is about 6' high. (Mine is not the red one, though- plain green)

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I have a hard time making them look like a carpet. Looks more like my lawn since we had water rationing several years ago: Weeds in clumps here and there. Then the fish dig it out (Loaches, cats...).

I also like the look of mixed rock and pebbles. Last pic in post #6. The other tank in #6 is good, too. Nice, full growth without being too busy.
The wood is really impressive in several pics, especially post #2.
The tank in post #4 is a bit more formal than I like, but is very well done. The moss trees will look really great when they are grown out a bit.
There are several really nice pictures posted!

Is that an albino axolotl?
The reddish emersed plant might be one of the Syngoniums, sold as a house plant. Might not be, too. If you get a Syngonium for your tank beware: They can grow REALLY BIG. Mine is hanging down to the floor, and the top of the tank is about 6' high. (Mine is not the red one, though- plain green)
Yup that's an albino axo :) I hate the reddish plant im actually planning on getting rid of it and putting something else there it doesn't look right and the root system is huge!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love it, I love it all.

Carpet plants are okay, when used effectively. But half the time people just put it in just because, but it grows all scraggly and overall has a negative effect to the aesthetics of the tank.

I wish people weren't so afraid about showing a little bare skin.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
I love carpeted tanks, myself. But have low light simple tanks without co2 so wouldn't have much success with them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like to look at some tanks with carpets, provided it's healthy and it goes with the scape. I've tried them myself though and it's a pain I can do without. My tank looks a bit more pitiful compared to those that have been posted but here's a shot anyway since you asked.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think your tank looks great, librarygirl!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts