The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know..a little late into the quarantine to start but hey...better late than never!
So not my 1st tank but definitely the the 1st time doing a natural (think Walstad method) type of planted tank.
I found a good deal on a 3g cube and after a bit of reading decided to go with the Scott's premium top soil for the substrate and used black fluorite for the cap.
I found a dragon stone that I liked so minimal decoration.
Plants:
-some wisteria stems along the back
-dwarf hair grass in the front
-red wenditi around the front 3/4s of the stone
-and finally some cardinal plant on the right side
The theory is plant heavily and I think I've done that here.
What I've never done before though is to use no filter, so there isn't any water movement...which is very odd to me.
Anyway here are a few pics.
Its definitely still cloudy and I have yet to do the water testing.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So my tank water has definitely started to clear. Water tests are pretty blah so far...no real cycle yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So one of the things I didn't mention in my previous posts was the lighting.
I found this bulb...maybe reddit was where I saw it? It is a Phillips LED.
Anyway, they only seem sell this at HD as far as I can tell. The color spectrum seem pretty good and it is the equivalent to a 60w bulb. It was pretty easy to pair on my phone with the WIZ app. The app itself has the ability to to set ramping times and intensity as well as colors.
Has anyone seen or tried one of these yet?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've got, what I believe is, the previous generation of those lights all over my house. I love them. I'll be interested to see how they work out for your tank.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got, what I believe is, the previous generation of those lights all over my house. I love them. I'll be interested to see how they work out for your tank.
Reginald2 so far so good. The wisteria and cardinalis are growing well. The dwarf hair grass is green and healthy looking but not sending out any shooters yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts