The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW Judge Judy let her have it. There are not enough torture devices on the planet to give people like her what she deserves.
Judge Judy

·
Registered
444 Posts
That defendant was a complete nincompoop. I've seen auctions similar to this one one eBay, where the listing agent describes the sale as a "photo only" of said item. It's a shame that woman couldn't have been locked up as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
"It said 'photo only.'" Pfft.

I don't agree with all the Judge Judy said, but indeed, she slammed it to her like she deserved.

·
Registered
85 Posts
She's not a judge anymore, she's a TV judge. Incidentally, the defendant was legally right. Morally reprehensible, but legally correct.

As for the "Ultimate Ebay Scammer" I would disagree. The ultimate scammers are those dudes who take people for 100K on non-delivered laptops and such.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I think that she's still a real judge even though she's on TV. Being on TV just requires the judge to be more dramatic/"showy" for tv audiences.
I think Judge Judy comes on around 5pm my time, so hopefully this one is airing! It's nice to see scammers get what they deserve.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So, if the defendant would have included the 4.90 oz. of rock, would it then be legit? Photos of... and 4.90 oz. I am so over ebay because of this s#!t. It is running rampant and defeats the intended purpose of ebay. ebay has turned into a 'minimall... hey hey'. God I love that... hey hey.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
She's not a judge anymore, she's a TV judge. Incidentally, the defendant was legally right. Morally reprehensible, but legally correct.

As for the "Ultimate Ebay Scammer" I would disagree. The ultimate scammers are those dudes who take people for 100K on non-delivered laptops and such.
She is a small claims court judge. That is a judge. Defendend was legally wrong. She stated in the discription in the online contract that the weight was 4.05 oz. Then stated in the fine print it was for the photo only. If you tuck away the information to decieve in a contract that is ilegal and fraudulant. Since in bold print the description said 4.5oz and they delivered clearly not that much weight they were commiting fraud.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hmm, I flipped it to Judge Judy last night and this one wasn't on. Maybe it's on another time of the day besides 5-6pm. Glad that the scammer saw justice though.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I see those kinds of auctions quite frequently any more. It's a shame people try to make a living doing crap like that.

Judge Judy was hilarious in her flaming of that woman and her husband. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sad thing is that the lady didn't have to pay out of pocket the $5,000 the show pays it. My best friend's brother was just on there and she was a witness and the show pays the debt and flies you out for pays for the room and board and what not and a bit for just showing up.

So other than being put in her place she didn't learn a lesson from her own bank account though...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i just want to hit the defendant in her face! :angryfire

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Boy I hope the IRS has someone watching for these people on that show.
As Jubs said, the defendant doesn't have to pay, and maybe she knows that and that was why she went on, but it would be nice if the IRS took a look to see if she reported it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts