The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I had gotten a preview of what I'd like to be built and wood sunken enough. Smaller woods and such sink faster, less water to soak up*

Now onto some work

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Attaching moss I used the glue method. I rather tie in any situation except for the hard to tie angles and such of certain intricate woods. Attaching moss to the core was a mistake, as it would be covered up later with other woods. Glue also initial moss adjusts slower I've seen.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Planting, i used buces, marsilea hirasuta, erio vietnam, and dwarf hairgrass belem

if you start out dirty, your gonna have more work ahead of you

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Now that the contest is over I'll catch up. I entered...thats all i can say. hehe
Current the tank is a moss fragment and shrimp tank, I'll update this until the teardown and shrimp

floating wood, these sink faster than the big pieces

Wait...this doesn't look right?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
angle-ing this way gives more rooted look.

This is what pretty much killed it. The emmersed part of the tree needed humidity i could not provide. If the emmersed part couldn't survive a 8hr sleep night and dries out then its a bust. I figure despite the messy startup, if i had the emmersed buces all over, it would be decently worthy of anything. I know now I could've purchased a monsoon or something else.

dried out

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

skeleton king would've looked nice

i tried glueing sphagnum moss, dried out quick

see the structure change as stuff moves around

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Now for shots and glimpses of the tank as it slowly gets torn down.
At this point you can tell the tank is very very dirty. A lot of mulm accumulation.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts