The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chose the title of this new journal in reference to the way I acquired this new (vintage) tank. NOT meaning I stole it hehehe, but that its purchase was a practical steal. I'm sure alot of you are familiar with the ritaan/bamboo tanks out there, many of which, and this one in particular, are brought over from the philippines. I spotted this on craigslist for $50 dinero and promptly grabbed it up the next day. It is in excellent shape just needs one glass panel replaced and resealed, but other than that minor work is near pristine, the story behind this tank is that it was brought over from the philippines by a fellow servicemember, 24 years ago. My mother had a similar, but larger tank such as this which to this day I dreaded her selling. HOorah for me! So it begins the Stolen Journal, and yes I am quite satisfied with it and myself, .....he said smugly....and here's a pic.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I love that tank. I love the wood/bamboo affect and the fact that itwill really showcase a planted tank withot being to drastic. Very Philippino/Japanese look and feel which I love especially and it is something that would be nice in a room with such style. Great find and great price. Cant wait to see it setup.

How many gallons?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Filled to normal capacity according to a volume calculator approx. 22 gallons

·
Registered
845 Posts
I can't wait to see it up an running! Keep us posted! :)

What are your plans for this tank?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
sweet tank, and another guy from SA on the board, there are quite a few now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts