The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good news to anyone successfully land the Parker Hannifin H3L Metering valve, there is burkert solenoid available, about 1/10 of the retail, it is the model 2822, miniature solenoid and much better than the burkert 6011.

The burkert 2822 is $200+ retail, stainless steel, only made in Germany, you can't even find this model on Burkert USA website, and have to special order and ship from Germany.
it is only 2 watt power consumption, the lowest power consumption I 've seen on the 1/8" npt ported solenoid from burkert.

Actually I've been eyeing this solenoid for more than a year, only see it available recently and the seller sell it at $25.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
The problem is that the seller has them listed as an auction. I imagine the price we'll end up paying shipped will be close to $50. Plus you still need a 24 volt dc power supply. Still, not bad for what you get...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought just one with my winning bid, so I'm sure there will be another auction or BIN shortly. Maybe over the next few months if they're sold one at a time! I capped my bid in hopes of keeping prices down for future buyers.

Thanks Bettatail for posting this, I've been trolling evilbaby looking at solenoids for a loooooong time...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I bought just one with my winning bid, so I'm sure there will be another auction or BIN shortly. Maybe over the next few months if they're sold one at a time! I capped my bid in hopes of keeping prices down for future buyers.

Thanks Bettatail for posting this, I've been trolling evilbaby looking at solenoids for a loooooong time...
Very nice! I messaged the seller on eBay and he agreed to sell me 2 valves at the winning bid price. Just a heads up folks. ;)

Update: I purchased 2 valves from him for $78 shipped (2 x $35 + $8 shipping). Very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good news to anyone successfully land the Parker Hannifin H3L Metering valve, there is burkert solenoid available, about 1/10 of the retail, it is the model 2822, miniature solenoid and much better than the burkert 6011.

The burkert 2822 is $200+ retail, stainless steel, only made in Germany, you can't even find this model on Burkert USA website, and have to special order and ship from Germany.
it is only 2 watt power consumption, the lowest power consumption I 've seen on the 1/8" npt ported solenoid from burkert.

Actually I've been eyeing this solenoid for more than a year, only see it available recently and the seller sell it at $25.

Thanks for the heads up!! I just ordered on today.

But would anyone know if this adapter will power the solenoid correctly?

Solenoid calls for: 24VDC 2W

Power Adapter OUTPUT: 24VDC 700mA 17W

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there anything wrong with my burkert 2822. It seems to be pretty hot at a few hours of operation. Hot as in hot to the touch, and my milwaukee is no where near as hot as the burkert. I can't even feel the milwaukee being warm, the burkert it's hot. running on epson 24vdc .8A.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
^ I thought the lower power consumption could cause less heat. My Aquatic Life pulls power way more and it not hot. Now those asian DICI regulators got real hot real fast, might have to just trash the solenoid from them.

I was just about to post and ask how the heat is on these $50 dollar solenoid that retail for $200 that some guy on ebay is selling.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
They just run hot. Not as hot as the 6011 mind you. It should still outlast just about anything out there. The nut that sticks out of the 6011 will burn you if you hold on to it for too long. The engineers at Burkert swear up and down that the heat they create will not harm the solenoid.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts