The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I live in Portland, OR. (this will be important later)

I have my heart set on doing an iwagumi setup in a rimless tank. I was going to try to do something big(ger) like a 40L or something that was 48in long so I could put 48" tubes over it.

However, I can't for the life of me find anyone that sells a rimless tank in the Pacific Northwest. I know there's a shop out of SF that sells ADA stuff, but they never have anything in stock and the prices are a big ridiculous.

Glasscages won't ship anything to the pacific NW. I don't know why they won't just state that on their site.

My LFS sells the ADA Mini L for $50 (great price eh?) but that's a little smaller than I was looking for. I've tried to get them to order me an ADA tank but the person that does the ordering will never call me back (I've asked 3 separate times).

My new idea is to get a 15L (24x12x12), since I figure this is small enough to have shipped, but I have no idea where I can obtain one? Does anyone have suggestions of where to find a 15L rimless? What are my options here?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Greenleaf is a good option but here are a few more:

You can go with DO!Aqua, quality will be similar to ADA but uses regular "green" glass.

If price is really an issue than you may want to try Mr.Aqua, quality won't likely be as good as GLA or DO!Aqua but price is attractive.

If you really want ADA your only two options are AFA or ADG

·
Registered
141 Posts
Greenleaf is a good option but here are a few more:

You can go with DO!Aqua, quality will be similar to ADA but uses regular "green" glass.

If price is really an issue than you may want to try Mr.Aqua, quality won't likely be as good as GLA or DO!Aqua but price is attractive.

If you really want ADA your only two options are AFA or ADG
I have a 3 gallon bowfront made my Mr. Aqua. the quality is great

·
Registered
53 Posts
First of all, I live in Portland, OR. (this will be important later)

I have my heart set on doing an iwagumi setup in a rimless tank. I was going to try to do something big(ger) like a 40L or something that was 48in long so I could put 48" tubes over it.

However, I can't for the life of me find anyone that sells a rimless tank in the Pacific Northwest. I know there's a shop out of SF that sells ADA stuff, but they never have anything in stock and the prices are a big ridiculous.

Glasscages won't ship anything to the pacific NW. I don't know why they won't just state that on their site.

My LFS sells the ADA Mini L for $50 (great price eh?) but that's a little smaller than I was looking for. I've tried to get them to order me an ADA tank but the person that does the ordering will never call me back (I've asked 3 separate times).

My new idea is to get a 15L (24x12x12), since I figure this is small enough to have shipped, but I have no idea where I can obtain one? Does anyone have suggestions of where to find a 15L rimless? What are my options here?
I know you are in Portland but if you ever make it up to Seattle, there is a LFS owner here who gets rimless tanks direct from a factory in Hong Kong that are quite reasonable. The silicone job is amazing, apparently this company makes professional tanks, and he can get a tank to your specs without extra custom price. I am ordering a 75 gallon drilled rimless tank from him. PM me if you want his contact info if this sounds feasible and you are interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.