The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 20 gallon planted tank (with driftwood) and was wondering what would be a good pleco to add to it. I currently have a 2" clown pleco, but was wondering if he would get a little bigger, maybe 4". I really want a pleco that will be 4-5" long when fully grown. Will a snowball pleco do well in my tank? I hear they get to be 5" and are really beautiful. Obviously I do not want to overstock and want to have a great environment for this fish to live in. So yes, looking for a 4-5" pleco suitable for a 20 gallon long tank (if there is one). Let me know your thoughts and feelings. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about them but i am not a huge fan of their bristles. I like the traditional pleco look. thanks for the recommendation though

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Female bristlenose plecos don't really have bristles. Look for one that's about 3" long and has a fairly smooth face and you probably have a female.
You could also try many of the fancier plecos- a lot of them are on the smaller end.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a very pretty pleco. Do you know what species it is? Also pleco's are very hard to find in my opinion. Most local fish stores only sell about 1-2 varieties. I'm guessing i have to order one online.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Albino Bristlenose. I have a male and female and I love them. They won't get more than 5-6" and don't hide all day like many plecos. Shouldn't eat your plants either unless they aren't fed properly. Very active and fun to watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
this is my favorite )

but i never saw them at LFS

currently i have 9" common pleco, he is 4 yo and he just crazy about zucchini ))

·
Registered
945 Posts
this is a beautiful pleco. what do you feed him?
I feed him some algae wafers now and then, but his diet is mostly cucumber, zucchini and my homade gel food. My cardinals are super big and fat with nice colour since being on my gel food as well. The pleco has gotten more orange since I got him. The camera doesn't do him justice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts