The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it its getting close to game day, and game two, between The Green Bay Packers and the Minnisota Vikings! Who will win game two in Green bay? What do you think:icon_ques

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really really want the Pack to win. Like really bad!

·
Registered
357 Posts
What JakeJ said ^.

I loved Brett when he was in Green Bay. Seeing him play for the Jets was merely weird, but when he went over to the dark side he became the enemy.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I feel bad for the GB fans that are caught in the middle of this, but I really want to see Favre stick it to Ted Thompson and the rest of Packer management.

Yes, Favre was inconsiderate the past few seasons by retiring/unretiring/retiring and stringing along GB until training camp. My problem is with Ted Thompson saying the Pack would not welcome Favre back or allow him to compete for the starting job when Favre made his mind to return. They then refuse to release him outright, and won't trade him to any teams he wants to play for (like the Vikings). Instead, they trade him to the Jets, with a clause in the contract that if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings, they owe the Packers 3 1st round picks.

So if you feel the man is not good enough to play for you anymore, why not grant his wish and release him or trade him somewhere he wants to go instead of doing everything in your power to make sure he doesn't go to the Vikings or Bears. Ted Thompson, what a total douchebag.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I feel bad for the GB fans that are caught in the middle of this, but I really want to see Favre stick it to Ted Thompson and the rest of Packer management.

Yes, Favre was inconsiderate the past few seasons by retiring/unretiring/retiring and stringing along GB until training camp. My problem is with Ted Thompson saying the Pack would not welcome Favre back or allow him to compete for the starting job when Favre made his mind to return. They then refuse to release him outright, and won't trade him to any teams he wants to play for (like the Vikings). Instead, they trade him to the Jets, with a clause in the contract that if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings, they owe the Packers 3 1st round picks.

So if you feel the man is not good enough to play for you anymore, why not grant his wish and release him or trade him somewhere he wants to go instead of doing everything in your power to make sure he doesn't go to the Vikings or Bears. Ted Thompson, what a total douchebag.
A lot of fans feel the same way you do. I was sorry to see Brett go, also.

But I can totally understand the Packers position on this one. When Brett retired, the Packers made a commitment to Aaron Rodgers. They changed the playbook to make it easier for Rodgers (which proved to be totally unnecessary, but...), and they drafted TWO quarterbacks to fill the roster behind him. In other words, they did what they had to do- they moved on and prepared for life without Favre.

It's kinda like calling up your remarried ex-wife and telling her you're ready to give it another try...

And why shouldn't they have traded him to the Jets? Thompson knew Brett still had gas in the tank. Why let him go to a division rival? And no GM in his right mind would cut a player that he knows is going to be wanted by other teams. You trade him and get what you can.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started this thread because its a new game, and a totaly diffrent one. Also, I live in GB, and am a total Packer\football fan, and thought it would be cool! Sorry if you (Kali) dont like that I started the new thread.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I started this thread because its a new game, and a totaly diffrent one. Also, I live in GB, and am a total Packer\football fan, and thought it would be cool! Sorry if you (Kali) dont like that I started the new thread.
nad man ...it was all about the joke man . you dont have to sorry, at the end football is just a game , none serious here buddy.:wink:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good! I REALLY dont want to make anybody mad!

GO PACK GO!
Just thought I'd add it!:red_mouth

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Game day is drawing closer!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its..... GAME DAY!!!!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
38-26, Vikings is not a good score, and yet again Favre prevails. Bummer......

·
Registered
721 Posts
The final score makes it look a lot closer than it actually was. At one point it was 24-3. I'm happy for Favre that he was able to stick it to Ted Thompson and the Packers brass for thinking he was over the hill and not good enough to compete for the starting QB job.

If they meet in the playoffs I hope he goes 3-0 against them this season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts