The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

So, I've had my tank up and running for about 4 months now, and after getting the basics down, I'm ready to put some more thought into my layout. Of course, I'm looking for any and all suggestions.
The tank is a 38g, trying to stay south american(except for my amano friends.) 2wpg T5HO, dry ferts 2x a week, excel up until now, co2 starting in about a week.

flora:
"argentine" sword
melon sword
brazilian pennywort
cabomba, green and furcata
bacopa caroliniana
x-mass moss(probably to be pulled out and replaced)
e. 'vesuvius'
alternanthera reinecki
heteranthera zost. (rehab)
didiplis diandra(rehab)
mayaca fluviatilis
ludwigia repens
(the floating mass in the pic is just extra, not intentional)

First off, people will probably say 'get that big bulky malaysian driftwood out of there!' but for the time being, I like the free ground space it provides for the 'jungle brothers'(pictus cats)-que the comments about pictus cats.
So, what I'm really looking for, is what to do with the back wall. Just add more of the plants in existence and wait for them to fill in and grow up? Add big bunches of totally new plants? As I said, I'm open to all suggestions, thanks for the input!

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
First off, people will probably say 'get that big bulky malaysian driftwood out of there!' but for the time being, I like the free ground space it provides for the 'jungle brothers'(pictus cats)-que the comments about pictus cats.
So, what I'm really looking for, is what to do with the back wall. Just add more of the plants in existence and wait for them to fill in and grow up? Add big bunches of totally new plants? As I said, I'm open to all suggestions, thanks for the input!
keep the wood, it looks good. what throws off for me is that big sword right in the front. i would try moving it to the far right in the back(or maybe just put it where the smaller sword is now and just eliminate the smaller one). them just add more stems in the middle back. those swords will soon dwarf everything though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you look at my 38g, you'll see that I'm not qualified to give this kind of advice. Still trying to figure it out myself. Basically, I'm just trying to see if I can grow plants, before I think too much about the layout.

Yours looks good right now. I agree, more height in the back would look good, but I'm not sure what to put there.

I like the cabomba and would gradually let that fill in a little more space. It has the height you need.

Do you have a tank journal for this tank?

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.