The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my neighbor BRYFOX86 did a great deal of reading on the Edge Thread and did the following upgrades

MR11 GU4 LED Lights (wouldn't let me put the ebay link here)

ZooMed 501

Inline Diffusers from Greenleaf Aquariums
Here is the Diffuser Installed

First Cut the back out

Here it is with the ZooMed 501 installed. Made the bending a lot less noticeable.

You can also see the CO2 Line coming out.

Using the supplied parts with the ZooMed and a Zippo made a custom intake and outflow. (Thanks to BRYFOX86 for the outflow)

Threw together a Paintball CO2 setup on each tank using a 9oz tank.

Here is my Edge Day 1

And BRYFOX86's Edge Day 1

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
I love them so far. So far, my vote goes to bryfox, but bjielsl gets points for creativity. Over-all, they are epic, and I want them :hihi:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I love blue tiger shrimp, despite what a lot of people say I am having pretty good luck breeding them at 7.6 ph with relatively hard water. I gotta say though, I love the its not good enough we can make it better attitude you guys are taking to the product, but then again most people here are like that to some extent. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Is the stock filtration on these that bad?
Not at all... I think the mini AquaClear that comes as stock probably beats out any of the filters that come packaged as stock with other comparable nano or pico tanks- that was one of the big reasons I ended up deciding on an Edge. Its definitely more than ample for a 6 gal, as long as you don't stupidly overstock it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im going to wait till they grow in before I vote. Subscribed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.