The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
drop the fish in ice water it will never feel a thing if its a large fish catch it and chop its head off its over in a split second it wont feel a thing

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah I was watching that episode the other night. Could anyone else explain why he just jumped in the water for no reason? It happened earlier in the show before he ate the fish. He just jumped in the water, stayed in for a little while, came out and stripped down to nothing and ran around. I mean, it was good for a laugh but, confusing. I guess he was just showing how to deal with falling in ice cold water.

·
Registered
773 Posts
He does that naked thing almost every episode. I just can't take him seriously when he strips down naked and does pushups and jumping jacks.
Frightening.

·
Algae Eater
3,182 Posts
He does that naked thing almost every episode. I just can't take him seriously when he strips down naked and does pushups and jumping jacks.
Frightening.
It is a good show, I also liked Survivor Man but dont catch that one anymore.

HA! While that is funny that he is naked and doing a workout it does serve a purpose. 1. You have to get the close off because the wet close wick away your body heat very fast. Thats why you sweat. Seems kinda funny that being naked you stand a better chance of warming up. 2. The pushups and jumping gets the blood pumping, uses energy and gets your core temp back up so you dont DIE!

·
Registered
38 Posts
The first time I saw him strip I was in hysterics. He's too funny and he ain't shy.:icon_roll :tongue: I wonder how much of that stuff is real though. Once he was shimmying across an old abandoned rope that spanned a canyon and the camera had all these different views. How did they get all those views if that was the only way across. How is it that he just happened to stumble accross the only way across the canyon? Also when he has to swim to get somewhere do the cameramen have boats?

·
Registered
722 Posts
The first time I saw him strip I was in hysterics. He's too funny and he ain't shy.:icon_roll :tongue: I wonder how much of that stuff is real though. Once he was shimmying across an old abandoned rope that spanned a canyon and the camera had all these different views. How did they get all those views if that was the only way across. How is it that he just happened to stumble accross the only way across the canyon? Also when he has to swim to get somewhere do the cameramen have boats?
a lot of it is real....but since it is for t.v.....you know they have to "make it exciting"
I remember watching "american choppers" behind the scenes and it showed the producers egging paul sr on so that he would go out and scream at paulie....they want to make it as real as possible , but they also want to make it exciting....
if you want to know more about bear grylls go here Discovery Channel :: Man vs. Wild

1 - 15 of 15 Posts