The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
MODERATOR NOTE: Posts must be made in English. If you don't know English? Use the same translator you're using to read replies. For example, I just translated your post for you. It takes ten seconds. See:

Greetings, facing the problem of dissolving lagenandra leaves. Maybe someone knows how this problem is, thanks in advance. Aquarium 300 liters, osmosis, replacement 78 liters. I add Ca-22.43 ppm, Mg-8.97 ppm to the displacement water. Macro per week: K-24 ppm, NO3-35 ppm, PO4-8.5 ppm. Degassed Ph-7.6, reduced to 7.0. Lighting MG-300 W, daylight hours 7 hours.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks like you have too much light. I'm not sure how you can reduce the intensity of light, but reducing light will improve the plant growth. Cut of the damaged lagenandra leaves including the stalk as close to the substrate as possible. these Plants grow along the edges of hill streams and like flowing water and cooler temperatures.

·
Registered
223 Posts
There is such a thing called too much light. One advantage after procuring a par meter ;-) My friend had bad growth of plants, and he continued to add more light. After we finally measured the intensity and reduced the lights the plants grew very well. Reducing the duration of light will not help much when the intensity is so high. I would suggest to use one MH lamp instead of three. One 150 watt MH is sufficient light for this tank.

I think this is a 90X45X45 cm tank?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.