The Planted Tank Forum banner
241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just read your AGA entry in detail:

1. The Ammannia pedicellata "Golden" really stands out to me....Ammannia's can be fussy and prone to stunting but that's not an issue here. Any tips or does it just like your setup?
2. Thoughts on the Chihiros LEDs?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Just read your AGA entry in detail:

1. The Ammannia pedicellata "Golden" really stands out to me....Ammannia's can be fussy and prone to stunting but that's not an issue here. Any tips or does it just like your setup?
2. Thoughts on the Chihiros LEDs?
1. If you check out the judges' comments, I got excoriated by Vin for tip stunting on the Ammania pedicellata. It's not as bad as tip stunting can be, but they stunt to some extent every single time I trim or move them. I've also noticed more stunted behavior when I use osmocote under them. So overall I'd say give them fairly lean fertilization and leave them alone.

I love that plant, I think it's one of the prettiest when you can get it to grow well. A short midground location is not the best for it, since I needed to trim it fairly frequently and as a result had to deal with stunting. Given the rest of the layout though and the fact that it draws the eye so heavily, it needed to be at a focal point and that seemed to be the best place for it.

2. I like it. My previous experience was with the Fluval 3.0, and I don't like the spectrum or the spread of the Fluval light so it was a definite upgrade for me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've been super busy working on the house lately and fishkeeping has felt more than ever like a chore. I finally got a chance to sit down and hang out with the tank today. It's nice to finally catch up with the inhabitants!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

241 - 245 of 245 Posts