The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
cool, where did you get those dry ferts? i know the names of the chemicals (K2SO4, etc) that are used in EI but never bought them myself. I have no experience with EI/i do not have experience using these raw chemicals. are the products you bought specifically made for aquarium use? (could you just walk into any chemist's store and get these?)

are the micros not covered in the above picture?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
cool, where did you get those dry ferts? i know the names of the chemicals (K2SO4, etc) that are used in EI but never bought them myself. I have no experience with EI/i do not have experience using these raw chemicals. are the products you bought specifically made for aquarium use? (could you just walk into any chemist's store and get these?)

are the micros not covered in the above picture?
I bought these chemicals in chemical shop,No these products are not specifically made for aquarium use...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've read that the foll. are required. You have Magnesium Sulphate. Sure thats ok to use? I mean I dont know, just checking.

Macros
KNO3 - Potassium Nitrate
K2SO4 - Potassium Sulfate
KH2PO4 - Mono Potassium Phosphate

Micros
Plantex CSM+B - This is your trace component. Here's the breakdown of minerals:

Iron (Fe) 6.53%
Manganese (Mn) 1.87%
magnesium (Mg) 1.40%
Zinc (Zn) 0.37%
Copper (Cu) 0.09%
Molybdinum (Mo) 0.05%
Boron (B) 1.18%

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've read that the foll. are required. You have Magnesium Sulphate. Sure thats ok to use? I mean I dont know, just checking.

Macros
KNO3 - Potassium Nitrate
K2SO4 - Potassium Sulfate
KH2PO4 - Mono Potassium Phosphate

Micros
Plantex CSM+B - This is your trace component. Here's the breakdown of minerals:

Iron (Fe) 6.53%
Manganese (Mn) 1.87%
magnesium (Mg) 1.40%
Zinc (Zn) 0.37%
Copper (Cu) 0.09%
Molybdinum (Mo) 0.05%
Boron (B) 1.18%
I will dose Seachem Flourish for Micro Nutrient.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought these chemicals in chemical shop,No these products are not specifically made for aquarium use...
Which kind of chemical shop I may find this in ? Do chemist keep these macros ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Which kind of chemical shop I may find this in ? Do chemist keep these macros ?
You can find in shops who provide chemicals for labarotary purpose..

Go with a list of chemicals you need and they would give you...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rescaped

Added Ada Amazonia soil,Driftwood,BambooRocks...
Just curious. . Did you add amazonia on aqua clay or removed aqua clay and what could be the reason if so. . Just to understand. . Nice scape for sure. .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just curious. . Did you add amazonia on aqua clay or removed aqua clay and what could be the reason if so. . Just to understand. . Nice scape for sure. .
I did'nt have good results with Contro Soil So I took out some Contro soil and added Ada soil on Aqua clay...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I thought you were not going to get rainbow fish?

If you like blue fish, get electric blue rams, they are stunning!

With Contro soil you need to dose liquid ferts + root tabs for results.
The electric blue rams are not available in my area

Yup contro needs some more mainteinance

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thats turning out quite beautiful.

Some friendly suggestions: Try to hide the pipe thats seen in the mid background. Maybe you can have more tall background plants from the left and/or right moving toward the center? Try not to make them symmetrical for a more natural look.

Also lookup the aquascaping rule of thirds, it will help you improve your scaping for sure and its easy.

Can you please describe your latest setup, as in whats the substrate now, dosing regime (please describe in detail, I'm interested since you use dry ferts), CO2, water change schedule, etc? How often do you have to trim? Any algae problems?

In the last or bottom most pic of the ram, whats the grass like plant just behind the ram? Blyxa?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts