1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys It's time for a Journal.I was waiting for a year to set-up this tank

HardScape:

Tank: 40 Gallon (39''x14"x17")

Substrate: Aquaclay + Unknown bottom additives(Bottom layer) / Contro soil (Top Layer)

Rocks:Wood Rock

Light: SunSun HFL-1000 4x39W/T5

Filtration: SunSun Hw-302 Canister Filter

Cooling Eqipment: Boyu Fs-120A Cooling Fan

CO2 Pressurized - 8Kg Cylinder w/Solenoind pluged in Timer

Fertilizers:Micro-Seachem Flourish / Macro-EI Dosing
------------------------------------------------------------

Flora: UPDATED ON 10/4/2014

1.DIDIPLIS DIANDRA
2.GLOSSOSTIGMA ELATINOIDES
3STAUROGYNE REPPENS
4.BACOPA CAROLINIANA
5.HYGROPHILLA PINNATIFIDA
6.POGOSTEMON ERUCTUS
7.ROTALA INDICA- HI RED
8.BLYXA AUBERTII
9.HYDROCOTYLE TRIPARTITA "HONDA"
10.LUDWIGIA INCLINATA Var "CUBA"

------------------------------------------------------------

Fauna:

15-Cardinal Tetras
2-Boesemani rainbow
Some sort of shrimps will be added

-----------------------------------------------------------

♦THE PICTURES♦

THE Tank-

Substrate-

Aqua Clay

Contro Soil

Canister Filter- SunSun Hw-302

Aquarium Fan

Aquarium Timer

Rock

Co2 Eqipments: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=547001&highlight=

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Plants Suggesions

DIDIPLIS DIANDRA
GLOSSOSTIGMA ELATINOIDES
STAUROGYNE REPPENS
BACOPA CAROLINIANA
HYGROPHILLA PINNATIFIDA
POGOSTEMON ERUCTUS
ROTALA INDICA- HI RED
BLYXA AUBERTII
HYDROCOTYLE TRIPARTITA "HONDA"
LUDWIGIA INCLINATA Var "CUBA"

All Suggesions Welcomed

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a Busy day today (planting day) the awesome day

Plants Received Was awesome packing and the plants were fragile my sincere thanks to Seetharam sir (Aqua by nature)

The First plant which jumped into the tank-POGOSTEMON ERUCTUS

Other planting

I Have a question for all aquascapers how the hell do you plant glosso,Planting glosso is more harder even Mathematics is easy compared to planting glosso took 2hrs for planting those little creatures...

X-mas moss on wood rock My favorite part wass tying moss

After Filling RO water

The Aloy diffuser is too Sexy..

Finally The Full Tank Shot

·
Registered
533 Posts
Planting looks good and like the setup. Some more hardscape (driftwood or rocks) would help the look a lot more I think. Like the looks of the SS CO2 diffuser, looks like it puts off a good mist too.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That's a very nice start. I agree that more hard scape would make it better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Planting looks good and like the setup. Some more hardscape (driftwood or rocks) would help the look a lot more I think. Like the looks of the SS CO2 diffuser, looks like it puts off a good mist too.
That's a very nice start. I agree that more hard scape would make it better.
Thankyou very much guys I wanted to grow many plants in so I dint add more rocks
Can anyone help me with the lighting and co2 schedule..?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think you can make this work when the plants grow in. That's my problem.. Stuffing in too much hardscape instead of letting the plants be the main scape.

As for co2, Mine comes on 2 hours before lights and kicks off 15 minutes before they go out. But I also have a reactor so it takes a while to diffuse the co2 even after it kicks off. I used to run it 24/7. All depends on what you want to do really... Plants only need it in the day though during photosynthesis.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Lighting for my tank is 8 hours with the CO2 being on when the lights kick on and turning off when the lights go out. I would start with the lights being on between 6-8 hours and adjust from there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you can make this work when the plants grow in. That's my problem.. Stuffing in too much hardscape instead of letting the plants be the main scape.

As for co2, Mine comes on 2 hours before lights and kicks off 15 minutes before they go out. But I also have a reactor so it takes a while to diffuse the co2 even after it kicks off. I used to run it 24/7. All depends on what you want to do really... Plants only need it in the day though during photosynthesis.

BTW.. Great start! Keep pics coming as it grows in

Lighting for my tank is 8 hours with the CO2 being on when the lights kick on and turning off when the lights go out. I would start with the lights being on between 6-8 hours and adjust from there.
Thnx guys,Then my Timing Schedule is :

Lighting period (2x39w)-9:00am to 3:00pm
Co2 [email protected] 2bps -7:00am to 2:00pm

If wrong correct me please..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good start. I agree, putting in rocks/wood robs space from plants and swimming space.

Timer:
Where did you get that timer? Can you program it for 2 schedules? For e.g. using that one timer can you control your lights (9am-6pm lets say) AND your CO2 (7am to 2pm lets say)?

Substrate:
Do keep posting pics. I use Contro Soil myself. Are you from Madurai? Whats the exact name of the other clay based substrate? Where did you get that?

Seachem:
Where do you get Seachem products?

Fauna:
Are you going to add more fish? Since you've started rainbows, I recommend you get more bows, there are so many types available+they like to be in bigger groups, peaceful and beautiful fish. I see something new in my bows everyday!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good start. I agree, putting in rocks/wood robs space from plants and swimming space.

Timer:
Where did you get that timer? Can you program it for 2 schedules? For e.g. using that one timer can you control your lights (9am-6pm lets say) AND your CO2 (7am to 2pm lets say)?

Substrate:
Do keep posting pics. I use Contro Soil myself. Are you from Madurai? Whats the exact name of the other clay based substrate? Where did you get that?

Seachem:
Where do you get Seachem products?

Fauna:
Are you going to add more fish? Since you've started rainbows, I recommend you get more bows, there are so many types available+they like to be in bigger groups, peaceful and beautiful fish. I see something new in my bows everyday!
Hi adive first of all Are you from India and where are you based?

Timer:I got the Timer in my lfs No it cannot be setted like as you told But it can be setted 24hrs for any one socket

Substrate:Yes am from madurai the clay name is German aqua clay I got in lfs

Seachem:I buy seachem products online

Fish:My aim is not mainly rainbowe The main are Cardinal tetras

1 - 20 of 46 Posts