The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Simply AWESOME!
did the ludwigia just grow up tall and out of the water, or was it floating?
gotta love incredibowls ;)
I took a couple cuttings of emersed ludwigia from another tank and stuck them on the top of the log and it spread out horizontally. I've got a more recent picture, the ludwigia extends to my desk now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all this is my first post ever on here but so glad to see that people have the same way of thinking.
i love the idea of plants growing without high tech stuff, it like buying free range eggs all natural . I use some small vase i picked up from the charity some for a £1 each and used potting soil and play sand then used a few plants from my tanks and put them in the window and the water can get clouded if i forget to water change but the plants so great

but great to see some of these big tank without filters perfect balance of nature that what this hobby is about making a own bit of nature in our own home

ANDY

·
Registered
23 Posts
Idleivey, that bowl is pretty much exactly what I want to do with the betta tank we have at work, the plastic plants are starting to drive me nuts!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Good to see this thread still going!

My tank has become a complete mess, have spent all day pulling handfuls of blanket weed like algae out. Went out of the country for a week and been too busy to get to the tank this week, trust the UK to get a heatwave in those 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting. I guess I'm technically running a filterless tank. I've got a mini water garden growing out of a plastic storage bin on my back porch. No fish, or anything. Just some ludwigia, and fairy moss.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts