The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the single 24" 40w CF fixtures from the doctor. Great price, sucky lights IMO. Anyways they came broken and not working, there sending me a box so I can send them back free of charge, and instead of exchangeing them, there giving me a full refund!! Anyways I'm going to buy a canopy for my 55 from ahsupply, and two 55 watt kits. Making 2wpg. I was wondering.....with the canopy do I still have to have the kit? Its kind of confusing, any help please?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
You are buying an enclosure. Not a canopy. In my small mind there is a difference. And all the enclosure is is a wooden box to mount the kit it. So you will need the kit.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well it looks like a canopy. Its serving the purpose I need it for, to house the unsightly lights. Also I would think there would be some heat, so I am going to get two computer fans (80mm), one pulling air out, one pushing it in. Do you think this is a good idea? Thanks Rex

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
In my mind a canopy has a door or lid that one can open. An enclosure needs to be removed to access the tank.

With the AH Supply enclosures the top is not solid so you should not need to put any fans in it as there will be little to no heat buildup. If you do add fans you might try setting them up to just push air out of the slots in the top.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm well maybe I wont get the fans then. I will just have to test it out and see if it heats the tank any more. That sucks you don't have a door with it, maybe it wont be to hard to remove. Maybe I could make a door for it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts