The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here! just joined this forum. I've been on APC forever, and have lurked this site for a while... So I thought I'd share!

Anyways, I'm a bad aquarium owner. I kinda let an algae problem run rampant, and went from this:

To this:

In a little over 8 months.

Needless to say, I saw a small bit of life in the foul smelling, gray-green matter, and was surprised to find that my anubias had grow quite large, and though not completely healthy, were worthy of being rescued.

5 hours of paper towels, bleach, and LFS stops later, I present to you
my new 2.5 Gal Nano-nano Iwagumi-Anbias rehabilitation tank.

Planted!

Filled!

I'm actually leaving for college in a month, so hopefully this tank won't be too hard to transport. =P
Freshman year!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here are some other up-to-date photos

A few rhizomes melted away, but fortunately, the majority of my anubias survived with minor leaf melt-age.
Those that did survive are now growing much faster than I've seen them grow before.
I'm postulating that its due to the addition of pressurized CO2. :whoo:

Anyways, Here's some pics:

New Fauna: 3 Endlers, 2 feeder guppy females, 1 otto, 5 Ghost shrimp.

New Flora: Javamoss and Mini Bolbitis (testing the crap off of ebay)

I don't think the Mini Bolbitis was a smart investment. 2 weeks+ and no growth whatsoever.
Its more or less likely an amphibious terrestrial.

And here's some photos of the DIY pressurized paintball setup ~ $45

And as you can see, my drop checker reads: PERFECTO

I'm pretty surprised. Its been about a month and a half, and the 9 oz bottle is still going strong. Only $2.50 to fill as well.

As for the drop checker, definitely surprised with the difference a 4dKH solution makes. Its way more responsive than aquarium water. .
My aquarium's KH is about 12, and I had to blow into the test tube for a good 20 seconds to get any color change. The 4dKH solution, however, changed almost instantly when I blew into the test tube.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did you notice any mini Swampthing footsteps leaving your tank when you cleaned it?

Looks nice after the hard cleaning work though. Anubias are very hardy plants as you can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.