The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ever heard of the bullet or used it? IAn old Chinese guy that owns a small fish store in San Francisco gave me this and told me this will help my plants grow like crazy. It is a yellow powder and he told me to use about one match head per 50 gallons.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I don't know of anything that would help your plants grow that is yellow and requires such a small amount. Sounds like powdered snake oil to me.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Was this fish store near the corner of Haight & Ashbury?:icon_smil

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Ask Tom Barr (plantbrain) what he thinks. At risk of putting him on the spot, I'm sure he can shed some light on the subject.

Also, what fish store did you get this from?

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
If it is the guy at Ocean aquarium, listen to what ever he tells you. He is the Mr. Mi-agi of the planted aquarium world. It's probably Jobs fern sticks. Won't hurt to give them a try.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Chelated iron is that same color. So is Plantex CSM. (allowing for camera differences). And the dosing sounds right. But there is no way it contains macros.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm pretty haphazard about I dose my tanks, so hopefully someone else can confirm. I dose about 1/32 tsp per 30 gallons a couple of times a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts