The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I set up my 1st aquascape I decided I would like to have an inline Co2 reactor. I started this a few years back getting some supplies like Co2 reg. and heavy duty RO housing for the reactor but then put the whole project on hold.

so can you list the parts one would need to DIY one please.
do I add media to the reactor like bioballs or just leave empty?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use the search function and you’ll find plenty of builds, based on what you have your referring to a Cerges style reactor.
ah yes I could not remember the name cerges,

I am correct in think that a C02 reactor will keep the bubbles out of the tank?
I would like to keep as much equipment out of the DT as possible.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I am correct in think that a C02 reactor will keep the bubbles out of the tank?
I would like to keep as much equipment out of the DT as possible.
So long as it's setup correctly and you don't push too much gas, you should get 100% dissolution of the bubbles before it reaches your tank. It's entirely possible to keep everything out of a tank except for the intake and return.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So long as it's setup correctly and you don't push too much gas, you should get 100% dissolution of the bubbles before it reaches your tank. It's entirely possible to keep everything out of a tank except for the intake and return.
where you you add your drop checker to if not the DT?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
where you you add your drop checker to if not the DT?
When I first started using co2, I kept a drop checker in the tank. But I eventually got rid of it because 1) I don't blast my co2 to the limits of fish survival, I use a small amount of co2 and keep low to moderate lighting. I can grow anything using this combination, and 2) there was no reason to have it, it always changed colors following the same pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts