The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how you always hear about people getting awesome deals? Super cheap filters or co2 setups, free aquariums? Well it finally happened to me! I saw a ad on a yahoo freecycle group that I rarely ever check for a local nature center unloading aquariums. I went yesterday as soon as I could and wow!

They had a 30 gallon tall, 35 gallon hex with stand, 55g (but cracked), 8x 10 gallons, and about 15x 20 gallon long aquariums. One other person beat me there first and snagged the 30 and 35, but I got 3 20g long aquariums with glass tops for free! Will be testing today to see if they hold water, but I picked over the bunch to find ones that looked the best. Too bad I am stuck in my tiny efficiency apartment until the end of the year. As soon as I am out I plan on one shrimp tank, one Neolamprologus multifasciatus tank and undecided on the last one. I already have 29g community planted tank.

I am just pumped to have snagged such a awesome deal! :smile:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow, that's awesome. 20L is perfect for all kinds of things, not just planted tanks. Great small-medium reptile tanks!

I waited till I spotted a reasonable sale on a 50 or 55 and jumped on it a couple months before I planned to set it up.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You shoulda snagged as many tanks as you could, tested them, and then re-sold them on craigslist or something, haha.

·
Registered
794 Posts
its great bing that guy iv been him twice this year a leaky 75 for 50.00 and a complet 75 set up tank stand filters and lights for 125.00 got to love craigs list

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow thats awesome! I want a free tank! lol

I found a guy nearby selling tanks on an aquarium forum. I got a 33 gal flatback hex, stand, top, light fixture and light all for $50, it holds water too :) and thats my current tank

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Good Score! I got my first 10g aquarium off Freecycle! After I upgraded to my 20g, I traded the old 10g for some Convicts! I love Craigslist and Freecycle, but have never heard of someone give out that many aquariums!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Nice deal!

When I was breeding angelfish a few years ago, a friend of mine and I were browsing an LFS and I mentioned to a LFS owner that I was looking for small, cheap tanks for breeding pairs, if he ever came across any. His eyes lit up, and he told me to follow him out back. He had stacks of 10, 20, and 40 gallon tanks just sitting in the dirt behind the shop; he had recently remodeled and taken down the saltwater section, and he didn't want any of the stuff he had thrown out there. He told me to take what I wanted, and he was going to haul the rest of it to the dump! I ended up with about 30 tanks and four wet/dry filters! I resold everything I didn't want--mostly the filters, and built myself an entire fishroom with the rest.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
WoW Ariel301! That is an amazing deal, FREE!

·
Registered
567 Posts
No kidding. Now I've got a bunch of 10/15/20 gallon tanks sitting in my mom's shed 14 hours away and I have no room for them. But where she lives, I can't even give the things away, no one wants them. So...if anyone is in southwestern Colorado and wants free tanks lol...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts