The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an old 20L laying around, so I ripped the rim off a couple weeks ago, cleaned it and re-siliconed it.

I seem to be on a bit of a minimalist kick as of late and I have tons of rock laying around so I decided to do a simple mountain scape. I had some bars from an old closet organizer that I bent and attached to the back of the stand. The light fits nicely on it...its a little crooked but not too bad.

It has a sunsun filter and an odysea brand 4 bulb T5HO fixture. The fixture has two 10000x and an actinic bulb (from a SW tank I had set-up)...I am planning on getting some 6700K bulbs to run with the 10000K bulbs.

I added some hemianthus micranthemoides that I stole from my 75 gallon tank. I will let the HM grow in thick to fill in the nooks and crannies between the rocks and also fill in the back. I also want it to fill in my little hanging valley which I tried to make as my focal point.

This will definitely have a colony of PFR's in here...hopefully sooner rather than later. The tank should cycle fairly quickly since I just switched the SunSun from my established 75 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I am looking forward to it filling it...once the HM fills in, it will give the rock groupings a little more contrast/separation from one another. And I plan on letting it grow to ~3" but varying the lengths in the open field to add the effect of rolling plains.

I may add a touch of rotala colorata in the back for some additional accents, but I am hoping the shrimp will be the major contrasty element.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts